Diamond Cutting Service
We now do in house diamond cutting for any wheels up to 24”. Wheels must have been diamond cut previously for us to cut them again, but we can still cut the wheel if the diamond cut surface has been painted over.
Only the best
What is Diamond Cutting?
The Full Process
A standard diamond cut service will include:
- An inspection of the wheels for previous repairs done
- Removal of the wheels from the car (if necessary)
- Removal of the tyres, valves and wheel weights
- Removal of all paint via chemical stripping
- Welding done and any buckles removed if necessary (can be subject to a surcharge, but we will always consult you before going ahead)
- Sandblasting to ensure all paint is removed and surface is prepared for new paint
- Powder coat primer applied and set
- Either powder coat or wet spray colour applied (depending on your colour choice)
- Diamond cutting
- Powder coat lacquer
- New valves and refitting of tyres
- Wheels balanced
- Wheels refitted to car if necessary
Important Things to Remember
- Diamond cutting removes tiny fractions of the alloy, which consequently means the alloy can weaken each time diamond cutting is done and wheels can only be diamond cut a certain amount of times. If you are worried about the strength of your alloy, please speak to one of our technicians.
- Because the diamond cutting process removes the primer and paint from part of the wheel, leaving parts with only lacquer, it can be more vulnerable to corrosion, and for this reason we only guarantee diamond cut wheels for 3 months instead of the 12 months that we guarantee on our regular refurbishments.
Stay up to date
Sign up for our monthly newsletter using the form on our contact page
The reason why we have grown to where we are now is because of our customers and the recommendations they have passed on. Here is what they have to say.
Absolutely smashing, 1 day service, great finish, highly recommended!
Had my alloy wheels refurbished here, they had corroded internally and had bad scuffing around the outer edges, all 4 wheels as good as new now, fantastic job and a professional outfit, with good value for money.
Just had both our cars done by RS Alloys today, once again a fantastic job on both sets, really impressed with the service from everyone down at RS Alloys. One set was in quite a state before the refurb and I was unsure whether they could be rescued but they look better than new now, thanks!
RS did a fantastic job on our Audi A5 sportback alloys. They did have a problem with one wheel as it was badly corroded, so took a little longer than expected. But well worth the wait. Brilliant service from start to finish. Would definitely recommend.
Great job done and a rarity today to meet people so friendly and customer service focused. Would highly recommend RS alloys to everyone
Dropped my Alloys of this morning at 8:30 and they were ready to collect at 3:30 they had done a awesome job in refurbishing and spraying them in candy red, really pleased with this finished product. This is the second time I've used them now and would definitely recommend to anyone.